Monday, February 22, 2010

Deep Thoughts by GSisler

Have I mentioned how much I like rest weeks? Finally, the rest week is here and man did I need it. After three more solid weeks of training the body was starting to break down. Now, granted, it could have a lot to do with the lack of sleep, the cold, the drinking all added into the running, but I needed a break and I'm happy it's here.
Three months into things and 4 months away from the beginning of the Grand Slam and I'm very satisfied with where I am. Starting the first weekend of March I'll be up to running a 50km each Saturday with a 25km on Sunday. I decided to top out at this distance and not keep increasing it by 10% each weekend. The goal is to be able to run/recover well and I think a 50km/25km is a good enough distance to get the body ready without putting too much stress on it. Plus, I have a 50 miler at the end of March, another one in April and a final one in May before the big 4. I SHOULD have plenty of mileage under the legs, now it's just a question of staying healthy.
We'll see how it goes!

No comments: