Monday, June 15, 2009

AR Navigation Supplies Mari Chandler is now National Long Course Duathlon Champion

Team AR Navigation Supplies/Inov-8 would like to congratulate Mari Chandler on becoming the women's 2009 Long Course Dualtlon Champion with a time of 4:48:59.6 to beat the existing course record by 10 minutes. 

Here is a quote from Mari when I asked how the race went.  "The first 3k was an easy trail run, and then we hopped on the bikes for 56 miles of decent rolling hills with a few steep climbs.  Supposedly there was 6000' of climbing, but I don't believe it.   The 1/2 marathon was a very slow coarse with lots of turns and a few hills with a mix of fire road, single track, and pavement.  I ran the first 10k at a good clip, and then when I was comfortable that no one could catch me, I settled in for a comfortable pace to the finish."

Congratulations Mari!

Next up for Team AR Navigation Supplies will be the Ocean Blue Adventure Race in Half Moon Bay, CA on July 11th.


No comments: