Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day 4 update

Hi everyone, Day 4 was a total nightmare for me. I cracked so badly I could barely peddle, Craig was pushing me along but we still managed to finish 24th on the day and only dropped 1 place on the general clasification. Aparently the scenary was fantastic but all I saw for 6 hours was the trail in front of me or Craigs cogset.

This race has so much climbing and big chunks where you have to sholder your bike and carry it for hundreds of feet up the hillside.

A number of people crashed yesterday including our friend greg Kidd who was taken off the stage via helicopter with a broken collor bone.
He broke his bike the day before and had to buy a new one from the guys at the race.

Tomorrow we have another huge day with about 8000' of climbing over 60 miles.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Mark & Craig


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: